I'm a big picture thinker who specializes in information architecture and service design. In my professional career I've designed customer-focused solutions at a large corporation, led cross-functional teams towards unifying goals, and written pitches for television shows. I take pride in my ability to collaborate, facilitate, and strategize.
My process typically consists of the following phases:
- Empathize: Conduct research to develop a deeper understanding of my users.
- Define: Use my research to define the true problem and begin to highlight opportunities for innovation.
- Ideate: Rapid generation of potential solutions via sketching, wireframing, visual design, etc.
- Prototype: Build a prototype (or series of prototypes) to test potential solutions.
- Test: Find out if my prototypes meet users’ needs.
- Deliver: Hand-off all materials and actionable insights.
“His upbeat demeanor and can do attitude brightened the office and made him a valuable employee. His strong communication skills, writing and research enabled him to interface effectively with many different people including producers and executives. I was impressed with Ryland and give him my strongest recommendation for roles which require intelligence, organization, research, communication skills and a positive attitude.”
Director of Video Content & Development; JOHLT Productions